Notice of Privacy Practices for Bonita Family Dental
It is a Federal & State law to maintain the privacy of your health information. This law (HIPAA) requires us to give you this notice about our privacy practices, our legal obligation and your rights concerning your health information.
Uses & Disclosure of Health Information:
We may use & disclose information about your health for the following reasons:
- Treatment purposes: To another dentist, physician or other health care providers.
- Payment purposes: To an insurance company, plan administrator or cojlection agency.
- Friends & Family: To help pick up prescriptions, medical supplies, x rays or other health related activities, in the event of contingencies.
- Appointment reminders: To use aids like Voicemails, E-mails, postcards, letters, etc.
- Public benefit: As required by the law, to report abuse or domestic violence, to health agencies or a court of law, law enforcement officials, military and other federal officials and state workers compensation laws.
You may request copies of your health information by making a request in writing. Your health information will be kept for a minimum of 6 years. You have the right to request that we amend your health information. This request can be denied, under certain circumstances, based on our professional judgment & experience.
We support your right to the privacy of your health information and we will do everything within our means and reasonable bounds to enforce this.