Cosmetic Dentistry in Bonita
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental work that enhances the appearance of teeth, gums, or bite. It primarily focuses on improvement in dental aesthetics such as color, shape, size, position, alignment, and overall smile.
Over the last few years, the need for improving and maintaining an attractive smile has risen dramatically. Modern cosmetic dentistry has developed several quick, painless, and affordable ways to address dental problems to build and protect bright and healthy smiles to enhance ways to build self-confidence of patients.
Cosmetic dental treatments can change the size, shape, and alignment of teeth, improve or correct bite positions, fill in unattractive spaces between teeth, lighten or brighten tooth color, replace old, unattractive dental treatments and repair decayed, broken, cracked, or chipped teeth.
How do you do cosmetic dentistry?
- 1. Inlays and onlays: Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays are made by a dental laboratory or in-house CAD/CAM technology. They are used when a tooth has mild decay or insufficient structure to support a filling. The inlay is placed directly onto the tooth surface. However, if the cusp of the tooth is damaged, your dentist may use an onlay to cover the entire surface of the tooth. Inlays and onlays provide support to strengthen teeth, avoid any further decay or deterioration and restore their shape.
- 2. Dental veneers: Dental veneers are custom-made laminates that go over your natural teeth. They look extremely realistic and can solve numerous cosmetic problems such as crooked teeth, cracked or damaged enamel and noticeable gaps between the two teeth. The veneer is applied to the front of each tooth using a dental adhesive.
- 3. Teeth whitening: Over the years, teeth become stained and frayed from food, drinks, medication, and smoking. The process of teeth whitening removes plaque, tartar, and other debris from each tooth's surface, restoring its natural appearance. Teeth can be whitened with a bleaching agent to achieve a lighter shade than the original colour.
- 4. Composite bonding: Composite bonding refers to the repair of decayed, damaged, or discoloured teeth using material that resembles tooth enamel color. Bonding is an inexpensive cosmetic dentistry procedure to resolve tooth decay, chipped or cracked teeth, and worn-down edges.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
- 1. Improve your bite: Dental procedures will help improve your bite tremendously. You will not further damage your teeth because of your unbalanced bite.
- 2. Cosmetic restorations: If you lose a tooth or part of it, cosmetic dentistry will give you a crown or a bridge to repair your teeth or restore your smile. Cosmetic dentistry can also give you a tooth-colored filling and even a matching crown if you develop a cavit
- 3. Enhance your smile: Cosmetic dentistry can do wonders for people who are not born with the best of smiles.
- 4. Whitening and bleaching: Your teeth can be whitened in about seven shades by using whitening trays and gel that can be customized for you.