Invisalign and Clear Aligner Orthodontic Treatment
What is invisalign?
A perfect smile and straight teeth can have a positive impact on an individual’s confidence and well-being. Invisalign is a thin clear aligner used in orthodontic treatment. It involves a computer generated simulation to correctly align the teeth. With Invisalign treatment at Bonita Family Dental, patients can receive orthodontic care with clear aligning trays that will improve the appearance of teeth without the placement of metal braces.
Metal braces can be cumbersome, restrict the consumption of specific foods, and make brushing and flossing problematic. Invisalign trays can be removed easily and are simply integrated into your everyday life helping you get a beautiful smile and confidence in the knowledge that your teeth have been set straight.
How does invisalign work?
Invisalign generally involves removable aligners instead of using traditional non-removable braces. Invisalign in Chula Vista uses clear aligners developed from computer-generated images, radiographs, and digital impressions taken from your mouth to the position of your teeth. While the traditional braces make use of fixed wires to align the teeth, Invisalign aligns the teeth by using a series of clear aligners, forcing your teeth into their new and improved position.
What types of dental issues can invisalign correct?
- Crowded teeth
- Some types of overbite, underbite, and crossbite issues
- Open bite
- Gap between teeth
What are the advantages of using invisalign?
- Clear and invisible
- Easily removable
- Smooth plastic – no cheek or gum irritation
- Straightens teeth in less time than traditional metal braces
- Helps with brushing and flossing in home care to maintain your oral health
How to take care of your teeth with invisalign and clear aligner orthodontic treatment?
- Rinse your trays whenever you take them out
- Never brush your aligners with toothpaste
- Soak your aligners at least once a day
- Try to brush and floss after each meal
- Don’t eat or drink with your clear aligners in your mouth