Composite Dental Fillings
What are composite fillings?
A composite filling is used to repair a tooth that is decayed, chipped, cracked, broken or damaged. The decayed or affected portion of the tooth will be removed and then filled with a composite filling. They can be used on either front or back teeth. They are a preferred choice for people who want their fillings to look natural.
How are fillings placed?
Composite fillings are usually placed in one appointment. While the tooth is numb, dentists at Bonita Family Dental will remove the decay as required.
The space between the teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and carefully prepared before the new filling is placed. The composite filling will then be precisely placed, shaped, and polished, repairing your tooth to its original shape and function
When composite fillings are first placed it is normal to experience sensitivity to hot and cold things. However, this will subside shortly after your tooth adapts to the new filling. Oral professionals will give proper instructions after your treatment. Good oral hygiene practices, eating habits, and regular dental visits will aid in the ease of your new fillings.
What are the benefits of composite fillings?
- Composite fillings give a natural look and similar to the color of your tooth.
- These fillings can be usually placed in a single visit.
- These fillings require very little removal of healthy tooth structure.
- They allow for easy identification of tooth decay nearby.
- These fillings bond extremely well to enamel.